Term: Permanent, full-time
Posted: September 2022
Ideon Technologies is transforming subsurface discovery, using the energy from supernova explosions in space to image density anomalies deep beneath the Earth’s surface. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km underground. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining. Watch this short video to learn a bit more about what we do.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying your assembly expertise and personal care to the production and assembly of our patented high-tech devices. As a Manufacturing Technician, you will play a critical role for Ideon Technologies in upholding our high technical standards while directly enabling customer success. Your day-to-day activities will include the following:
- Collaborating with a team of physicists, engineers, and technologists on the production of advanced imaging equipment.
- Carrying out precise assembly tasks with great attention to detail.
- Building/assembling and troubleshooting imaging detector components using various measurement and testing equipment.
- Conducting quality checks and in-process inspections on parts and assemblies.
You are a detailed and hands-on person by nature, have excellent hand-eye coordination, and take pride in a job well done – especially when it involves complex components or intricate assembly. You are not satisfied with good enough, but strive for perfection for the systems you build. Ideally, you bring the following combination of credentials, skills, and attributes:
- Experience (4+ years) in assembly and manufacturing of complex systems.
- Technical training and/or diploma in a field, such as robotics, mechatronics, electronics or similar.
- Experience doing careful assembly involving small and often delicate components.
- Experience using and properly caring for a variety of hand tools, measurement devices, and operating equipment.
- Able to read and interpret technical documents such as dimensional drawings, measurement data, and work instructions.
- Eager to learn, collaborate, and tackle new challenges.
- Reliable and motivated, capable of working to a defined schedule.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; proficient with common workplace software.
- Able to embrace a constructive team environment, where members communicate openly about how to improve systems and processes.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and is not a remote position.
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) as we scale up our business rapidly. You will be working to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, wherever they come from and however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
- Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
- Inspired to create, wired to deliver
We’re imaginative, creating new possibilities and embracing the diversity of thought and experience within our team to move with urgency, learn from our failures, and execute masterfully.
- Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs and operate with integrity, respect, and empathy. Success depends on leaving egos at the door, celebrating our differences, delivering promises, and owning the outcome together.
- Boldly ambitious, exceptionally human
We think big and have the courage to blaze new trails. We’re in this business to win, but that doesn’t mean we compromise on doing the right thing for our people, our clients, and our world.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title in the subject line.