Term: Permanent, full-time
Posted: December 2020
Ideon Technologies is a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography, based in Richmond, British Columbia on the beautiful west coast of Canada. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km beneath the Earth’s surface. By detecting subsurface muons and transforming the data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps, we help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. Our innovative technology has been proven in a range of other geotechnical/subsurface applications as well. Here’s a short video about what we do.
We have found a highly talented geophysical analyst with a deep grounding in geology to assist Ideon in exploring and modelling potential mineral exploration applications of our advanced subsurface discovery platform. The Geophysical Analyst plays a critical supporting role in bringing client projects to fruition by developing and running simulations; processing and analyzing newly acquired data; creating multi dataset inversions; and identifying new opportunities as they arise. In this role, you will ensure project objectives are being achieved at a high level of quality and provide technically feasible, cost-effective solutions to our customers.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Performing geophysical data processing and analysis.
- Running site simulations as part of proofs of concept for prospective customers.
- Assessing feasibility of technology application to as-yet-unstudied use-cases and deposits
- Complete data usability assessments.
- Interpreting results effectively.
- Taking responsibility for the overall technical quality and proficiency for data processing and analysis.
- Developing, refining and/or applying standard operating procedures for data management, processing, analysis, storage and reporting.
Your credentials and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in geophysics, geology, closely related field or equivalent demonstrated proficiency with advanced geophysical methods and concepts.
- Must have 5+ years geophysical analysis experience analyzing and interpreting field data, and running forward modeling / simulations with provided data sets. You have a strong understanding of geophysical methods and you know how geophysical inversions work and the subtleties that are involved.
- Must have demonstrated experience and a high level of proficiency for using geophysical analysis software to fully process and independently analyze a range of survey data.
- Must have a strong understanding of geology and experience with the theoretical and practical aspects of mineral exploration specifically, and subsurface insights in general.
- Software languages: Python (intermediate required, expert is an asset); C++ (intermediate) is also an asset though not required; must be comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments
- Personable style with strong communication and presentation skills.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver).
What we offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle accelerator laboratory) at one of the most exciting moments in its journey to commercialization. You will be working together with company founders and technical experts to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We promise competitive compensation, work-life flexibility, and benefits including equity options.
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, however they happen to be packaged.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title ‘Geophysical Analyst’ in the subject line.