Project Delivery Specialist (filled)
Term: Permanent, full-time
Posted: September 2022
Ideon Technologies is transforming subsurface discovery, using the energy from supernova explosions in space to image density anomalies deep beneath the Earth’s surface. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km underground. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining. Watch this short video to learn a bit more about what we do.
We are seeking a multi-talented project delivery specialist to work with our Director, Manufacturing Operations & Project Delivery to assist Ideon in executing against our goals for commercializing our advanced subsurface discovery platform. You are a very organized, detail-oriented generalist with a willingness to learn the intricacies of our technology platform, a set of well-honed skills in project and program management, and a commitment to accountability. In this role, you will work with teams of technical and non-technical colleagues within and beyond Ideon to ensure delivery of major project and relationship outcomes critical to the company’s success.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Managing project consortia comprising multiple organizations, driving to well defined deliverables on ambitious timelines with thorough, accurate reporting. This includes:
- project governance
- project delivery & scope management
- communications management
- budget management
- issue & risk management
- KPI/benefits management
- quality management
- Managing major projects within Ideon, from concept development to outcome achievement.
- Developing key relationships, processes, and initiatives that drive business development objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, with demonstrated success working in technology-intensive organizations.
- Education or proven career experience in business development or customer engagement.
- Project Management experience in a variety of organizations and at varying scales.
- Ideally, an understanding of the mining industry and its drivers.
- Personable style with strong communication and presentation skills.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and can involve some work-from-home but cannot be not fully remote.
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) as we scale up our business rapidly. You will be working to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, wherever they come from and however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
- Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
- Inspired to create, wired to deliver
We’re imaginative, creating new possibilities and embracing the diversity of thought and experience within our team to move with urgency, learn from our failures, and execute masterfully.
- Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs and operate with integrity, respect, and empathy. Success depends on leaving egos at the door, celebrating our differences, delivering promises, and owning the outcome together.
- Boldly ambitious, exceptionally human
We think big and have the courage to blaze new trails. We’re in this business to win, but that doesn’t mean we compromise on doing the right thing for our people, our clients, and our world.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title in the subject line.