Term: 6-month contract
Ideon Technologies is a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography, based in Richmond, British Columbia on the beautiful west coast of Canada. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km beneath the Earth’s surface. By detecting subsurface muons and transforming the data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps, we help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. Our innovative technology has been proven in a range of other geotechnical/subsurface applications as well. Here’s a short video about what we do.
We have found a talented software developer to help us refine and strengthen our current code base, and develop a robust user interface for our advanced subsurface imaging discovery platform. This person’s work will directly impact the success of our company by making our research-intensive tools more reliable in function and more accessible to a non-technical user base.
Specifically, this role involves:
- code review and bug-checking
- handling requests for feature updates
- coordinating version control and associated processes
- continuously integrating new code from our research and development activity
- developing user interfaces that improve internal workflows and empower non-experts to engage with our tools
- managing and enhancing our cloud and on-prem infrastructure
- championing and implementing key cybersecurity measures
If it works out well, there is a strong likelihood of extension.
While you will be supporting our geophysicists directly, you do not require geophysics experience. We’re more interested in your numerical capabilities and commitment to best practices in coding – as well as your internal wiring as a good human. If you are someone who thrives in the dynamic environment of a technology start-up, loves the intricacies of code, and you’re not shy about asking questions or offering a valuable perspective, we’re probably a good match.
Your qualifications include:
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ (5 years preferred) experience with software design, development, architecture, and user interface.
- Demonstrably strong programming skills in Python and C++. Additional languages are a bonus.
- Significant experience developing for Linux platforms.
- Experience implementing solid cybersecurity infrastructure and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- References who can speak to your personal style, attitude, and coding prowess.
Our headquarters are in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver), but you don’t have to be. You can be anywhere in Canada.
What we offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle accelerator laboratory) at one of the most exciting moments in its journey to commercialization. You will be working together with company founders and technical experts to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We promise competitive compensation, work-life flexibility, and benefits including equity options.
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. We are committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, however they happen to be packaged.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title ‘Software Developer’ in the subject line.