Talent/HR Specialist (filled)
Term: Permanent, full-time
Posted: September 2022
Ideon Technologies is transforming subsurface discovery, using the energy from supernova explosions in space to image density anomalies deep beneath the Earth’s surface. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km underground. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining. Watch this short video to learn a bit more about what we do.
As a Talent Specialist, you’ll be involved in recruitment and onboarding (we’re growing quickly!), managing HR records, benefits, employee engagement, training and development, and performance management in accordance with Ideon’s HR strategies, programs, policies, practices, and processes. In some cases, you may be involved in creating foundational strategies, programs, policies, practices, and processes.
Your day-to-day activities will include the following:
- Driving the end-to-end recruitment, contracting, and onboarding process, in support of our overall hiring plan
- Lead or support the planning, implementation, execution and roll-out of talent-focused programs and processes
- Facilitate training workshops and new hire orientation sessions
- Provide support related to HR policies and practices to managers and employees; recommend and drive improvements based on industry best practices and competitive imperatives
- Ensure that Ideon is compliant with all talent-specific laws and regulations
- Respond to requests, enquiries, and concerns in a solution-oriented manner
This position requires a suitable combination of education and experience to yield the following skill set:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPHR designation or equivalent.
- 2-6 years HR experience, including proficient and practical knowledge in HR, including tasks, processes, and practices.
- Experience recruiting in a technology-driven environment.
- Eager to learn, collaborate, and tackle new challenges.
- Sound judgment.
- Reliable and motivated, capable of working to a defined schedule.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; proficient with common workplace software.
- Energetic and enthusiastic – attitude is everything!
- Respect for the privacy of your co-workers and their confidential records.
- Able to embrace a constructive team environment, where members communicate openly about how to improve systems and processes.
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and can be a hybrid work-from-home role (but cannot be not fully remote).
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) as we scale up our business rapidly. You will be working to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, wherever they come from and however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
- Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
- Inspired to create, wired to deliver
We’re imaginative, creating new possibilities and embracing the diversity of thought and experience within our team to move with urgency, learn from our failures, and execute masterfully.
- Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs and operate with integrity, respect, and empathy. Success depends on leaving egos at the door, celebrating our differences, delivering promises, and owning the outcome together.
- Boldly ambitious, exceptionally human
We think big and have the courage to blaze new trails. We’re in this business to win, but that doesn’t mean we compromise on doing the right thing for our people, our clients, and our world.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title in the subject line.