Term: Permanent, full-time
Posted: September 2022
Ideon Technologies is transforming subsurface discovery, using the energy from supernova explosions in space to image density anomalies deep beneath the Earth’s surface. Based in Richmond, BC, on the beautiful west coast of Canada, we are a world pioneer in cosmic-ray muon tomography. Our discovery platform integrates proprietary detectors, imaging systems, inversion technologies, and artificial intelligence to provide x-ray-like visibility up to 1 km underground. We capture, measure, and transform muon data into reliable geophysical surveys and 3D density maps that help geologists identify new mineral and metal deposits with precision and confidence. As a result, they drill less and discover more – reducing cost and risk, saving time, and minimizing environmental impact – ultimately accelerating the world’s transition to low-impact mining. Watch this short video to learn a bit more about what we do.
The Warehouse Associate/Materials Handler is an entry-level role suitable for someone who can handle our equipment and materials safely and with the care our customers have come to expect from us. As an integral role on our team, this person is responsible for shipping and receiving inventory, cycling, moving equipment to and from warehouse bins, loading and unloading delivery trucks, and doing some light construction as part of our shipping process.
Specifically, the role will require you to:
- Maintain inventory
- Perform general housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Handle materials in the warehouse and assembly area (transfers in/out of inventory)
- Use warehouse tools to cut materials accurately in preparation for production
- Help set up equipment in our staging area and support equipment testing procedures
- Compile kits for production based on production order pick lists
- Do minor construction to support shipping activities
- Understand and uphold standard operating procedures and safety protocols
This is an entry-level position, with the following requirements:
- High school diploma
- Ability to work with tools, including a band saw
- Ability to load and unload trucks
- Ability to move and stack materials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Shows initiative
- Enthusiasm for our mission and a hardworking approach to the role
- A healthy respect for safety protocols
The position is based in Richmond, BC (Greater Vancouver) and is not a work-from-home role.
What We Offer
This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic technology start-up and spin-off from TRIUMF (Canada’s national particle physics laboratory) as we scale up our business rapidly. You will be working to advance a ground-breaking solution that will generate significant economic and environmental benefit. Our team is entrepreneurial by nature, mission-driven, and focused on doing things right to deliver great customer outcomes. We are also committed to seeking out the best brains and the most exceptional humans, wherever they come from and however they happen to be packaged.
What It’s Like Here
Great ideas and rich company culture come from diversity of thought, experience, and perspective. The Ideon culture is anchored in a set of core values that directly shape how we hire, coach, evaluate, and develop our people:
- Driven by industry, informed by science
We solve industry problems with scientific rigour: listening carefully, analyzing the data, and developing solutions that our clients – and the planet – cannot live without.
- Inspired to create, wired to deliver
We’re imaginative, creating new possibilities and embracing the diversity of thought and experience within our team to move with urgency, learn from our failures, and execute masterfully.
- Unified team, personally accountable
We have each other’s backs and operate with integrity, respect, and empathy. Success depends on leaving egos at the door, celebrating our differences, delivering promises, and owning the outcome together.
- Boldly ambitious, exceptionally human
We think big and have the courage to blaze new trails. We’re in this business to win, but that doesn’t mean we compromise on doing the right thing for our people, our clients, and our world.
Please send your résumé and cover letter via email to Kim Lawrence, including the job title in the subject line.